Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Applications are started, completed, and submitted via Ecology's Administration of Grants and Loans (EAGL) system.
Funding is available for the following entities:
Eligible public bodies:
- State agencies
- Counties, cities
- Special purpose districts
Eligible activities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Education and outreach
- Freshwater algae control and management
- Freshwater algae management plans
- Freshwater algae monitoring programs
- Freshwater algae pilot projects
- Freshwater algae research
- Freshwater algae sampling equipment
- Nutrient reduction activities
Priority is given to lakes in which harmful freshwater algae have occurred within the past three years.