Air & Climate
- Air monitoring network – current air quality conditions from air monitoring stations that measure air pollution across Washington.
Water & Shorelines
- Flood hazard maps – do you live or work in a floodplain? Flood hazard maps help determine the flood risk to your home or business.
- Lake data map – see data, including toxic algae, from state lakes where we do monitoring.
- Public beaches (Coastal Atlas) – maps and information about public beaches in Washington state.
- Shoreline aerial photos – current and historical photos of coastal, sound and inland shorelines.
- Swimming beach closures (Coastal Atlas) – maps and information about beach closures in and around Puget Sound and Washington's ocean beaches.
- Water Quality Atlas – maps and information about the state's lakes, rivers, streams, and estuaries.
- Well report viewer – information on the location, ownership, construction details, and lithology of completed wells.
Waste & Toxics
Cleanup & Spills
- Contaminated sites – we have a couple of ways you can learn more about polluted properties we're cleaning up:
- Dirt Alert map – shows the general pattern of arsenic contamination from the Asarco Tacoma Smelter. You can also view information about other areas of arsenic contamination statewide.
- Spills map – an interactive map showing the estimated crude oil movement by rail in Washington.
Doing business with Ecology
- Air Permit Search – find final Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) permits.
- EcoEPay – Ecology accepts online payments for some permits and fees. Use this tool to make a payment.
- Facility/Site database – access information on facilities and sites of interest to Ecology.
- Polluted waters - 303(d) Listing – listing of streams, lakes, and estuaries whose beneficial uses are impaired by pollutants.
- Water quality permit databases – information on water quality permits for municipalities, industries, dairies, fish-rearing facilities, stormwater, sand and gravel operations, and aquatic pesticides.
- Water rights search – records can be searched by:
- document/record number,
- name of the person to whom the water right was issued, or
- name of the claimant, if it is a water right claim.
- TurboWaste online reporting – allows you to file certain Notifications of Dangerous Waste Activity and Dangerous Waste Annual Reports over the internet.
See more regulatory online tools – go to our Regulations & Permits collection and select "Online Tools" in the Category filter on the left.