Applications are not being accepted at this time.
The application period for restoration or enhancement projects is closed. Due to low revenue levels, we anticipate the funding cycle will not open again until January 2022.
Applications for on-the-ground projects to address an Environmental Emergency or that have Statewide Significance may be submitted at any time, but funding is limited at this time.
Funding is available for the following entities:
- Washington counties, cities, and towns
- Federally recognized Tribal governments
- State agencies
- Regional Fisheries Enhancement Groups (RFEG)*
- Special Purpose Districts:
- Conservation Districts
- Public Utility Districts
Private entities and non-profit organizations are not eligible to receive THA funding* (with the exception of RFEGs). However, they may partner with eligible applicants to provide more financial support in addition to the THA grant.
Projects that restore or enhance the natural environment.
Eligible project types:
- Riparian restoration
- Aquatic land geographic information systems (GIS)
- Wetland restoration
- Stream bank stabilization
- Fish and wildlife habitat enhancement
- Livestock exclusion fencing
Ineligible project types:
- Watershed planning
- Research and data gathering
- Species Management (not habitat management)
- Land use/stormwater management planning
- Environmental monitoring