Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Applications will be accepted from:
Start date: Feb. 1, 2022
End date: Mar. 1, 2022
Eligible applicants must apply online through Ecology’s Administration of Grants and Loans (EAGL).
The application becomes the foundation of the grant agreement itself. To access the application forms, applicants, and their hired consultants, must first:
- Register for a Secure Access Washington Account (SAW) online services account.
- While logged into your SAW account, register for an EAGL user account.
For step-by-step instructions and requirements, please refer to the 2022 THA Funding Guidelines, Chapter 3: Applying for Funding, page 17.
Funding is available for the following entities:
- Washington counties, cities, and towns
- Federally recognized Tribal governments
- State agencies
- Regional Fisheries Enhancement Groups (RFEG)*
- Special Purpose Districts:
- Conservation Districts
- Public Utility Districts
Private entities and non-profit organizations are not eligible to receive THA funding* (with the exception of RFEGs). However, they may partner with eligible applicants to provide more financial support in addition to the THA grant.
Projects that restore or enhance the natural environment.
Eligible project types:
- Riparian restoration
- Aquatic land geographic information systems (GIS)
- Wetland restoration
- Stream bank stabilization
- Fish and wildlife habitat enhancement
- Livestock exclusion fencing
Ineligible project types:
- Watershed planning
- Research and data gathering
- Species Management (not habitat management)
- Land use/stormwater management planning
- Environmental monitoring