Facilities with an NPDES or State Waste Discharge permit are required to monitor the discharge from their facilities and to submit reports to us about this discharge.
These reports, known as Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs), include information about the quantity of pollutants released into the environment. The report requirements differ by permit type and receiving water body.
- Go to https://secureaccess.wa.gov/ecy/wqwebportal.
- Click on the “Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR)” link on the right side of the portal home page to submit data.
- Under "my permits" select your permit and follow the prompts.
For detailed instructions see WQWebDMR User Guide: Electronic Discharge Monitoring Reports
How can I enter my DMR data?
The WQWebDMR system has been designed to accommodate each unique DMR and facility’s situation. As such, WQWebDMR allows facilities to enter DMR data in three different ways.
- Manually typing one monitoring point at a time through an online data entry form.
- Copy and paste data from a spreadsheet into the online data entry form.
- Bulk uploading data through an Excel file.
Manual entry is most useful for small DMRs with a couple of parameters to report such as Construction Stormwater Coverages.
Copy and pasting data
The copy and paste method is most useful for medium size DMRs that probably have 1/day (daily) reporting requirements and/or facilities that use spreadsheets to track their DMR data.
Examples are small municipal facilities.
Bulk uploading data
Bulk uploading data is most useful for large DMRs with many monitoring points and multiple parameters that probably have 1/day (daily) reporting, and facilities that have large data management systems that track DMR data within their facility.