Current permit and related documents
Permit reissuance — 2019
Reapplications for permit coverage are due July 1, 2019. For questions about permit fees, see our Permit Fees page.
We are pleased to announce that the draft Industrial Stormwater General Permit is available for public comment. We invite comments on the draft permit documents beginning May 1, 2019, until 11:59 p.m. on June 29, 2019. We will publish a Response to Comments as an appendix to the fact sheet to address comments submitted during the public comment period.
We are updating the current permit language to make the following changes:
- Adding two new industry groups that require coverage:
- Marine construction
- Construction, transportation, and mining equipment rental and leasing
- Changing the timing of first flush
- Revising requirements for consistent attainment
How to provide comments
We will accept comments from May 1, 2019, until 11:59 p.m. on June 29, 2019.
Online: Submit your comments through our online comments form (preferred option)
You may submit comments:
By mail: Travis Porter
Washington State Department of Ecology
PO Box 47696
Olympia, WA 98504-7696
In person: You may provide comments during any of our public hearings.
Workshops and hearings
We will host a workshop immediately followed by a public hearing at the following dates and locations:
- May. 29, 2019 – Vancouver, WA, 1 p.m.
- June 4, 2019 – Mount Vernon, WA, 1 p.m.
- June 6, 2019 – Moses Lake, WA, 1 p.m.
- June 18, 2019 – Seattle, WA, 1 p.m.
- June 19, 2019 – Webinar, 6 p.m. Join the webinar here.
- June 20, 2019 – Lacey, WA, 2 p.m.
During each workshop, we will explain the proposed changes to the permit and answer questions. The hearing will begin after the public workshop and will end when public testimony is complete. During the hearing, you may give oral testimony and written comments on the proposed changes. Written comments will receive the same consideration as oral testimony.
Spring 2019: Formal public comment period on the draft permit
Nov. 2019: Decision on permit issuance
Previous permit documents
Permit applications and forms