Ecology plans to amend the administrative and procedural requirements for site cleanups under Chapter 173-340 WAC, Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA) Cleanup
regulation (the Cleanup Rule). In this rulemaking we will not
change the technical standards for site cleanups in Parts 7 and 9 of the rule, but we plan to:
- Update the title of this chapter.
- Modify the initial investigation, site hazard assessment and ranking, and public notice process in Parts 1 and 3 of the rule.
- Update other administrative and procedural requirements of the cleanup program in Parts 1–6 and Part 8 of the rule.
- Make changes in Parts 1–6 and Part 8 to streamline rule requirements, as well as minor corrections to improve rule clarity and consistency with other laws and rules.
- Make changes in Parts 7 and 9 to clarify language and make corrections without changing the effect of the rule.
- Incorporate changes to the cleanup program specified in Chapter 70.105D RCW, Hazardous Waste Cleanup – Model Toxics Control Act, and Chapter 64.70 RCW, Uniform Environmental Covenants Act.
For more information about the long-range plan to update the rule, visit our Cleanup Rule exploratory rulemaking page.
To request ADA accommodation for disabilities, or printed materials in a format for the visually impaired, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-407-6831. People with impaired hearing may call Washington Relay Service at 711.
People with speech disability may call TTY at 877-833-6341.