Upland Finfish Hatching & Rearing General Permit

Fish hatcheries play a large role in Washington's ability to create recreational and commercial fishing opportunities. The Upland Finfish Hatching and Rearing permit regulates the discharge of wastewater from certain hatcheries that raise salmon, trout, and other finfish species. 

The current permit went into effect Oct. 1, 2021, and expires on Sept. 30, 2026.

Regional contacts for help with your permit:

Regional Map showing southwest, northwest, central and eastern regions