As a subset of commercial enterprises, mobile businesses have unique challenges related to stormwater and pollution prevention that will be better understood by a focused study. In this project, King County and Aspect Consulting will develop and test new tools and guidance to support municipal stormwater permittees in identifying and inspecting mobile businesses for compliance with the Phase I Municipal Stormwater Permit Section S5.C.8 for source control from exiting development.
- Survey permittees on how they identify and track mobile businesses.
- Coordinate across jurisdictions to crosswalk mobile businesss lists with likely pollutants.
- Identify effective source control methods for mobile businesses.
- Conduct a pilot source control effort at mobile businesses in south King County.
- Apply lessons learned and develop best practices guidance for coordinating source control among jurisdictions.
This study is on-going until December 2023.
Project tasks and deliverables
Task 1: Technical Advisory Committee and Project management
- Deliverable 1: TAC meeting notes and quarterly reports
Task 2: Survey of municipal mobile businesses source control
Task 3 Business listing generation
Task 4 Analyze permittee IDDE data on mobile businesses
Task 5 Best practices guidance document for multi-jurisdiction coordination
- Deliverable 5A: Draft best practices guidance document
- Deliverable 5B: Final best practices guidance document
Task 6 Mobile Business Source Control Pilot Program in South King County
- Deliverable 6A: Pilot program plan
- Deliverable 6B: Outreach materials for mobile businesses
- Deliverable 6C: Draft report of pilot program
- Deliverable 6D: Final report of pilot program
Task 7 Communication Plan
- Deliverable 7A: Project schedule
- Deliverable 7B: Presentation to Stormwater Workgroup
- Deliverable 7C: draft SAM Fact Sheet
- Deliverable 7D: Presentation to local permittee group or local conference