Let us help you inspire the next generation of scientists! Find open-access lessons about green chemistry to add to your curriculum for elementary, middle, and high school students.
Integrating green chemistry into your lessons, classroom activities, and lab experiments can help you:
- Create safer, engaging lessons.
- Prepare students for the workforce by helping them think creatively through practical problems.
- Help you teach cross-disciplinary concepts that align with:
- Reduce chemical hazards in the classroom and stockroom.
- Save money on chemical purchases and waste disposal.
This free poster invites you to learn how to make more sustainable products by thinking about a product's full life cycle using the 6 Rs of Sustainable Design:
Attend a training or workshop
We collaborate with teachers and partners including Educational Service Districts and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), Beyond Benign, and Washington Science Teachers Association to offer these trainings.
For a list of current trainings and events, contact Saskia van Bergen.
“This training quite exceeded my expectations. I hadn't expected as much practical, ready-to-implement-now information as I got.”
– Teacher who attended a training organized by our Green Chemist, Saskia van Bergen, and Washington Science Teachers Association.
For help getting started or to find out more about green chemistry and how to incorporate this topic into your curriculum, contact Saskia van Bergen.