For over 40 years, the Ecology Youth Corps has hired Washington teens and young adults to pick up litter on the state's roads and highways. Our crews pick up more than a million pounds of litter each year, and recycle just under 200,000 pounds of materials. Learn more about this program, including how to apply for one of our 300 annual positions.
Adult litter crews hiring in the Southwest and Northwest regions
Youth crews cancelled for summer 2021
Update (Feb. 1, 2021) — Due to the continued state and national pandemic emergency, all Ecology Youth Corps 2021 summer litter crew operations for teens 14-17 are canceled. This decision is based on:
- Evolving school district schedules.
- Strict social distancing limits of two people per vehicle.
- Completing interviews and training at a cooperating school or a regional Ecology office, which are currently closed to the public until at least July.
We look forward to receiving applications next year. The application period will open February 1, 2022.
For current job opportunities for adults 18 and over, click on the map to get information specific to your region.
Central Region Litter Administrator
Eastern Region Litter Administrator
Northwest region litter administrator
Southwest Region Litter Administrator
Totals for the EYC program reflect the Adult Litter Crews only. Youth Crews were canceled in 2020 due to COVID-19.
- Worked 27,123 hours
- Picked up 616,744 pounds of litter
- Recycled 102,253 pounds of litter collected
- Cleaned 2,066 miles of road