Tribal consultation grants
Tribal Consultation Grants are non-competitive grants awarded to eligible Tribes to consult on spending decisions from accounts created in the Climate Commitment Act (CCA), and to consult on clean energy siting projects and decisions. In the 2022 legislative session, the Legislature established an enhanced process for tribal consultation on spending decisions from accounts created in the CCA. The purpose of the grants is to support Tribes with funds to engage in these consultation processes.
- Amount of funding available: $12 million
- Grant award limit: Available funds will be distributed equally among all accepted applications
- Amount of matching funds required: None
Applications are currently being accepted.
Applications will be accepted:
$12 million is available to support Tribal consultation on funding decisions from Climate Commitment Act (CCA) accounts. An initial $4 million was distributed through this grant program in Summer 2023.
Funding is available for the following entities:
Federally-recognized Tribes with lands and territories in Washington State are eligible for this non-competitive funding opportunity.
Funds may support activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Consultation with agencies that allocate funding or administer grant with CCA funds on funding decisions and funding programs that may impact tribal resources.
- Consultation on clean energy siting studies and siting decisions
- Engaging in pre-application process with project applicants.
- Submitting to an agency (or agencies) a summary of issues, questions, concerns, or other statements regarding a proposed project.
- Requesting and engaging in meetings with state agencies or the Governor’s Office to review and resolve consultation issues or disputes.
- Participating in formal mediation.