Tribal carbon offset assistance program grants
Tribal Carbon Offset Assistance Grants provide funding for Tribes to support developing carbon offset projects on federally-recognized tribal lands in Washington. Through the Climate Commitment Act, a total of $5 million is available for this competitive grant program in the 2021-23 Biennium.
- Amount of funding available: $5 million
- Grant award limit: None
- Amount of matching funds required: None
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
$5 million is available to support Tribes in developing carbon offset projects on federally-recognized Tribal lands in Washington.
Funding is available for the following entities:
Federally-recognized Tribes. Project activities must occur on federally-recognized Tribal lands in Washington.
Proposals must be related to designing, developing, and implementing carbon projects that would occur on federally-recognized Tribal lands in Washington. Applications must include one or more of the following elements:
- Assessing an offset project’s technical feasibility.
- Assessing an offset project’s investment requirements, or development and operational costs.
- Assessing an offset project’s expected returns.
- Assessing an offset project’s administrative and legal hurdles.
- Assessing an offset project’s risks and pitfalls.
- Reducing costs associated with getting financing to develop new carbon projects.
- Developing or revising carbon offset protocols to improve applicability to Tribal lands in Washington.
- Holding intra- or intertribal meetings to evaluate offset project feasibility.