Waste Reduction and Recycling Education (WRRED) Grants Program
Ecology’s Waste Reduction and Recycling Education (WRRED) grant program provides funding to qualified local governments and nonprofit organizations for local or statewide education programs designed to help the public with litter control, waste reduction, recycling, or composting, or for the implementation of a contamination reduction and outreach plan (CROP).
- Amount of funding available: $700,000 (anticipated for 23-25 biennium)
- Grant award limit: $80,000
- Amount of matching funds required: 25 percent
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
The application period for the 2023-2025 biennium is now closed. Awards are anticipated to be announced in November 2023.
Funding is available for the following entities:
- Non-profit organizations based in the State of Washington.
- Local governmental agencies, including cities and counties, in the State of Washington.
Eligible projects educate the public on litter control, waste reduction, recycling, or composting, and can involve the implementation of a Contamination Reduction and Outreach Plan (CROP).
More information about this funding program
- Administrative Requirements for Recipients of Ecology Grants and Loans (Yellow Book) July 2023