Automotive mercury switch removal program
We oversee a statewide program that pays recyclers and scrap processors to collect automotive switches and sensors that contain mercury. This program is coordinated by us, Automotive Recyclers of Washington (AROW), and End of Life Vehicle Services (ELVS).
We pay recyclers and scrap processors to remove and collect mercury switches and sensors. There is no cost to participate. We provide collection buckets, mailing supplies, and pay for return shipping. Recyclers simply fill the bucket and mail them in.
Participants receive $3 per light switch and $9 per ABS sensor.
- Fill out the Statewide Payee Registration form (PDF).
- Fill out the Vehicle Recycler Sign-Up form.
- Submit the completed forms to us:
- E-mail, or
- Mail: PO Box 330316, Shoreline, WA 98133-9716
We will then contact you to:
- Answer any questions you might have about the program.
- Offer training on mercury switch removal as needed.
- Send you supplies to get you started.