Mobile business stormwater source control and coordination
As a subset of commercial enterprises, mobile businesses have unique challenges related to stormwater and pollution prevention that will be better understood by a focused study. In this project, King County and Aspect Consulting will develop and test new tools and guidance to support municipal stormwater permittees in identifying and inspecting mobile businesses for compliance with the Phase I Municipal Stormwater Permit Section S5.C.8 for source control from exiting development.
- Survey permittees on how they identify and track mobile businesses.
- Coordinate across jurisdictions to crosswalk mobile businesses lists with likely pollutants.
- Identify effective source control methods for mobile businesses.
- Conduct a pilot source control effort at mobile businesses in south King County.
- Apply lessons learned and develop best practices guidance for coordinating source control among jurisdictions.
This study is ongoing until December 2023.
Project tasks and deliverables
Task 1: Technical Advisory Committee and Project management
- Deliverable 1: TAC meeting notes and quarterly reports
Task 2: Survey of municipal mobile businesses source control
- Deliverable 2A: Draft survey (complete)
- Deliverable 2B: Final survey
- Deliverable 2C: Technical memorandum of survey results of municipal programs for mobile businesses
Task 3 Business listing generation
- Deliverable 3A: Draft technical memo on using business listings to identify mobile businesses
- Deliverable 3B: Technical memo: Business Listing Generation
Task 4 Analyze permittee IDDE data on mobile businesses
- Deliverable 4A: Draft report and database of IDDE data analysis on mobile businesses
- Deliverable 4B: Final report of IDDE data analysis on mobile businesses & database
Task 5 Best practices guidance document for multi-jurisdiction coordination
- Deliverable 5A: Draft best practices guidance document
- Deliverable 5B: Final best practices guidance document
Task 6 Mobile Business Source Control Pilot Program in South King County
- Deliverable 6A: Pilot program plan
- Deliverable 6B: Outreach materials for mobile businesses
- Deliverable 6C: Draft report of pilot program
- Deliverable 6D: Final report of pilot program
Task 7 Communication Plan
- Deliverable 7A: Project schedule
- Deliverable 7B: Presentation to Stormwater Workgroup (Nov 2023)
- Deliverable 7C: draft SAM Fact Sheet
- Deliverable 7D: Presentation to local permittee group or local conference