Clark County SMP: Locally Initiated Amendment
We held a public comment period on Clark County’s proposed locally initiated amendment to their Shoreline Master Program. The period for public comment was from May 1, 2023 to June 1, 2023.
Email notices were used to notify those who had expressed prior interest. Written comments from seven (7) different individuals and/or organizations were received. Comments address riparian buffer protections, exemptions for forest practices, climate change, invasive vegetation control, and wetland protections.
Response to public comment
We prepared a summary of public comments and sent this to Clark County on June 6, 2023. The county provided written responses on June 27, 2023.
Next steps: our decision
- Approve the program as is.
- Approve with recommended changes.
- Send the proposed program back to the city with required changes to meet statutory and rule requirements. Recommended changes may also be included with the required changes.
Documents related to approval
Note: All documents are PDF files.
- Summary of comments with County responses
- Ordinance No. 2023-03-04:Locally Adopted Ordinance and text with SMP
- Ordinance No. 2023-03-01: Critical Areas Ordinance - Wetland Habitat
- Ordinance No. 2023-03-03: Flood Hazard Areas
- Planning Commission Recommendation Report
- SMP Checklist
- SEPA Materials