Kalama Shoreline Master Program: Comprehensive update & periodic review
Public Comment Period Closed
We held a public comment period on Kalama’s proposed combined comprehensive update and periodic review amendment to their Shoreline Master Program (SMP). The period for public comment was from June 7 to July 11, 2022.
Email notices were used to notify those who had expressed prior interest. Written comments from two different individuals and/or organizations were received. Comments are focused on riparian buffers, the proposed Shoreline Environment Designations, and Tribal Consultation during shoreline project review.
Response to public comment
We have prepared a summary of public comments and sent this to the city of Kalama on Sept. 1, 2022. The city prepared written responses to the public's comments and provided them to us on Oct. 14, 2022. The response to comments document is posted below..
Next steps: our decision
- Approve the program as is.
- Approve with recommended changes.
- Send the proposed program back to the city with required changes to meet statutory and rule requirements. Recommended changes may also be included with the required changes.
Relevant documents will be posted on this website when they become available. Please check back.
Documents related to approval
Note: All documents are PDF
- Response to comments
- Locally adopted SMP
- Background documents
- Inventory and Characterization: Cowlitz County
- Inventory and Characterization: Addendum for City of Kalama
- Shoreline Restoration Plan: Cowlitz County
- Shoreline Restoration Plan: Addendum for City of Kalama
- Cumulative Impacts Analysis
- Cumulative Impacts Analysis Addendum
- Periodic Review Checklist