Complete list of guidance documents for dam owners
These resources are available to assist dam owners and operators in meeting requirements for the safe operation and maintenance of their dams.
- Burrowing animal guidance from the Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Guidelines for Developing Dam Emergency Action Plans
- Guidelines for Developing Dam Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Impacts of animals on earthen dams
- Impacts on plants on earthen dams
- General advice about selecting an engineering consultant for your dam — tips for how to find and interview prospective engineering consultants
- General advice from the Association of State Dam Safety Officials — how to select a consultant for your dam
- Part I – General Information and Ownership Responsibilities
- Part II – Project Planning and Approval
- Part III – An Owner's Guidance Manual
- Regulatory Handbook – From the State of Washington Governor’s Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance. The Regulatory Handbook contains information about local, state and federal permits, approvals, and licenses for Washington State. Although not a complete list, this list does provide in-depth information on most environmental permits.
More dam resources and information:
- Association of State Dam Safety Officials (OSDSO) – website offers information, resources, training, and membership