Public Participation Grants
Public Participation Grants (PPG) provide funding to individuals and not-for-profit public interest organizations to increase public understanding and involvement in cleaning up contaminated sites and improving recycling and waste management. PPG can fund up to $120,000 for a two-year project. Matching funds are not required.
- Amount of funding available: $2.4 million
- Funding allocated:
- Grant award limit: Up to $120,000 for a two-year project
- Amount of matching funds required: No matching funds are required
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Funding is available for the following entities:
- Individuals affected by the release of a hazardous substance.
- Not-for-profit public interest organizations.
- Contaminated site projects that encourage public involvement in investigation and cleanup of contaminated sites.
- Waste management projects that encourage public involvement to eliminate or reduce waste.
More information about this funding program
2019 – 2021 funding program guidelines (effective July 1, 2019)
Funding Source: The Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA) requires that at least one percent of revenues collected from the Hazardous Substance Tax go to fund Ecology’s PPG program. The Washington State Legislature appropriated $2.6 million from the Model Toxics Control Operating Account for the 2019-2021 PPG funding cycle.
View a Quick Look document in other languages: