This grant funding requires flow achievement through:
- Increased flows below the project site.
- Improving instream and riparian zone conditions, such as enhancing fish passage or habitat.
- Reorganizing or concentrating existing points of diversion.
- Establishing water banks, water exchanges, or pursuing trust water opportunities.
- Improving public water supply or irrigation district infrastructure that leads to water savings.
- Purchasing and installing meters, stream gages, or groundwater monitoring equipment when water savings or efficiencies can be expected short or long term.