What projects are eligible?
WCC will consider projects that physically improve the natural environment or expand recreational opportunities for the public. Partner organizations must be non-profit or governmental organizations. Specific activities may include:
- In-stream large woody debris placement, bank stabilization, or fish barrier removal
- Livestock exclusionary fence construction
- Wetland creation or restoration
- Wildlife structure installation
- Riparian planting and maintenance
- Manual and chemical invasive species suppression and removal
- Trail, boardwalk, and bridge construction
- Infrastructure improvements (e.g., campgrounds, picnic shelters, etc.)
Individual Placement program
An Individual Placement (IP) is one AmeriCorps member serving within a host site organization to build capacity around volunteer recruitment, environmental education, and project management. Host site organizations are able to recruit for and select the IP to ensure a good match.
Interested in partnering with the WCC?
Visit our regional contacts tab to connect with a coordinator in your region.
What is my organization expected to provide?
- 75 percent cash matching funds with a four-day minimum commitment.
- Timely processing and payment of monthly invoices.
- Project-specific guidance (where necessary).
- Required permits / licenses for project completion (if applicable).
- Specialty tools and equipment, when required, to complete project.
- When travel is required to accomplish projects, sponsors contribute additional funds to cover the crew's food and overnight lodging, if necessary.
What does WCC provide?
- 25 percent matching funds for crew services.
- One six-person crew consisting of five WCC AmeriCorps members and one crew supervisor.
- Extended cab vehicle, basic complement of hand tools, WCC uniforms, rain gear, and safety items for crew to perform projects (specialized tools and / or equipment rental must be provided by partner agency / organization).
- Crew coordination including training, scheduling, and administrative services.
- Crew payroll and benefits administration. WCC members and supervisors will be issued paychecks through the Department of Ecology. WCC members are AmeriCorps participants and crew supervisors are Ecology employees.