What projects are eligible?
WCC will consider projects that physically improve the natural environment or expand recreational opportunities for the public. Partner organizations must be non-profit or governmental organizations. Specific activities may include:
- In-stream large woody debris placement, bank stabilization, or fish barrier removal
- Livestock exclusionary fence construction
- Wetland creation or restoration
- Wildlife structure installation
- Riparian planting and maintenance
- Manual and chemical invasive species suppression and removal
- Trail, boardwalk, and bridge construction
- Infrastructure improvements (e.g., campgrounds, picnic shelters, etc.)
Individual Placement program
An Individual Placement (IP) is one AmeriCorps member serving within a host site organization to build capacity around volunteer recruitment, environmental education, and project management. Host site organizations are able to recruit for and select the IP to ensure a good match.
Interested in partnering with the WCC?
Visit our regional contacts tab to connect with a coordinator in your region.