Applications are currently being accepted.
Grant applications accepted:
Start date: May 4, 2021
End date: Jun 29, 2021
The application period for the 2021 – 2023 Equipment Cache Grant application period opens on May 4, 2021 and closes at 5:00 p.m. on June 29, 2021. Funding will be awarded summer 2021.
Funding is available for the following entities:
- Washington counties, cities, and municipalities
- Other state recognized local governments
- Public utility districts
- Other special purpose districts (e.g., Clean Air Agencies, Fire Protection)
- Federally recognized tribal governments
- Washington State agencies
To be considered, the community the agency responds to must have a substantial threat of an oil spill or hazardous materials incident occurring in their jurisdiction. The grant is primarily intended to assist emergency responders in purchasing equipment they would not otherwise be able to purchase.
Applicants that received funding during a previous grant cycle are eligible to apply for this grant cycle.
Private businesses and non-profits will not be considered.
All projects must support implementation of local, regional, or statewide emergency response plans and must demonstrate and sustain long-term benefits to multiple stakeholders across a region or statewide.
Project benefits may include, but are not limited to:
- Reduce response time.
- Improve efficiency in the safe use and deployment of equipment and resources.
- Increase regional response coordination with other response agencies and partners.
- Increase responder safety during oil spill and hazmat incidents.
- Protect human health and safety within the community.
- Maximize benefits seen from existing equipment and resources.