Public Participation Grants
Public Participation Grants (PPG) provide up to $60,000 per year to individuals and nonprofit organizations to increase public understanding and involvement in cleaning up contaminated sites and improve Washington's waste management practices.
These grants support the State Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Plan, which aims to eliminate most wastes and toxics, and to safely manage what remains.
- Amount of funding available: $4.87 million for 2023 – 2025
- Grant award limit: Up to $60,000 per year, for up to two years
- Amount of matching funds required: No matching funds are required.
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
The 2023 – 2025 application period opened on April 12, 2023 and closed on May 11, 2023.
Funding is available for the following entities:
- Individuals affected by the release of a hazardous substance
- Nonprofit public interest organizations
PPG will fund two basic types of projects:
- Projects that engage the public in the investigation and remediation of a release or threatened release of a hazardous substance.
- Projects that support the state's Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Priorities.
More information about this funding program
- 2023 – 2025 funding program guidelines (effective July 1, 2023) (Español) (Tiếng Việt)
- Recipient orientation video
- Payment Request and Progress Report training video
- Payment Request and Progress Report checklist