What projects are eligible?
WCC will consider projects that physically improve the natural environment or expand recreational opportunities for the public. Partner organizations must be non-profit or governmental organizations. Specific activities may include:
- In-stream large woody debris placement, bank stabilization, or fish barrier removal
- Livestock exclusionary fence construction
- Wetland creation or restoration
- Wildlife structure installation
- Riparian planting and maintenance
- Manual and chemical invasive species suppression and removal
- Trail, boardwalk, and bridge construction
- Infrastructure improvements (e.g., campgrounds, picnic shelters, etc.)
Individual Placement program
An Individual Placement (IP) is one AmeriCorps member serving within a host site organization to build capacity around volunteer recruitment, environmental education, and project management. Host site organizations are able to recruit for and select the IP to ensure a good match.
Interested in partnering with the WCC?
Visit our regional contacts tab to connect with a coordinator in your region.
What is my organization expected to provide?
- 75 percent cash matching funds with a four-day minimum commitment.
- Timely processing and payment of monthly invoices.
- Project-specific guidance (where necessary).
- Required permits / licenses for project completion (if applicable).
- Specialty tools and equipment, when required, to complete project.
- When travel is required to accomplish projects, sponsors contribute additional funds to cover the crew's food and overnight lodging, if necessary.
What does WCC provide?
- 25 percent matching funds for crew services.
- One six-person crew consisting of five WCC AmeriCorps members and one crew supervisor.
- Extended cab vehicle, basic complement of hand tools, WCC uniforms, rain gear, and safety items for crew to perform projects (specialized tools and / or equipment rental must be provided by partner agency / organization).
- Crew coordination including training, scheduling, and administrative services.
- Crew payroll and benefits administration. WCC members and supervisors will be issued paychecks through the Department of Ecology. WCC members are AmeriCorps participants and crew supervisors are Ecology employees.
WCC Regional Coordinators
North Puget Sound
King County (Renton and Redmond)
King and Snohomish Counties (Issaquah, Kirkland, and Snoqualmie)
Eastern / Central Washington
Olympic and Kitsap Peninsulas
Individual Placements (statewide)