Do I need this permit?
You must get this permit if you:
- Confine livestock in pens or barns for 45 days or more during the year.
- Discharge from your operation.
There are two CAFO permits:
- A state permit that only covers groundwater discharges
- A federal permit that covers discharges to surface and groundwater
- EM 8832-E Post-harvest Soil Nitrate Testing for Manured Cropping Systems West of the Cascades, Sullivan, Cogger
- PNW533 Fertilizing with Manure and Other Organic Amendments, Bary, Cogger, Sullivan
- PNW 570-E Monitoring Soil Nutrients Using a Management Unit Approach, Staben, Ellsworth, Sullivan, Horneck, Brown, Stevens
- PNW 673 Sampling Dairy Manure and Compost for Nutrient Analysis, Moore, Haro-Marti, Chen
Air quality resources
Join our listserv
to receive email notifications about this permit.