All permittees must report sampling results electronically to us monthly by submitting Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs). This is required in the Construction Stormwater General Permit — S5: Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements.
DMRs are optional for permits covering less than one acre unless 303(d)/TMDL listed and effluent limits are applicable.
DMRs must be submitted for the full duration of the CSWGP, from issuance date to termination. Failure to submit DMR(s) is a violation of your permit.
Sampling is required at all locations where stormwater leaves your site.
Common codes reported on monthly DMRs:
- Use Reporting Code “C” for no discharge if:
- Your site does not discharge stormwater for any particular week, or for the entire month.
- Sampling is not required because discharge(s) are being sent to sanitary or combined sewer systems.
- Sampling is not required because the site has less than one acre of land disturbance.
- Sampling is not required because stormwater is infiltrated on-site.
- Sampling is discontinued at locations that drain areas that have been fully stabilized or where you no longer have operational control.
- Use Reporting Code “X” for construction not started if construction activities have not started; therefore, sampling is not required.
- Use Reporting Code “E” for analysis not complete/not conducted/not reported if you did not take a sample for a particular month.
Regardless of the circumstances, you must submit monthly DMR(s) up until your permit coverage is officially terminated.