Join us for the Washington Brownfields Conference in Spokane this coming May. Cleaning up and redeveloping brownfields
is key to local economic development efforts, turning perceived problems into community assets, such as affordable housing. The goal of this conference is to bring together public and private sector stakeholders in Washington and the Inland Northwest to share information on brownfields redevelopment successes and future opportunities.
Wednesday, May 29, 12 – 5 p.m.
Thursday, May 30, 2019 , 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Doubletree by Hilton Spokane City Center
322 North Spokane Falls Court, Spokane, WA
To increase awareness of brownfields resources and make the conference accessible to attendees with limited resources, registration for this event is FREE.
What are my lodging and parking options?
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Doubletree for May 28 - 30, 2019. The special room rate will be available until April 26, or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
Parking rates are $8.00 daily and $18 overnight. Carpooling is always preferred.
To reserve a room, please choose one of the following options:
- Call 1-800-757-6131 and ask for the Washington State Department of Ecology Workshop group rate.
- Reserve online (this link is specific to the conference).
What the conference will include:
- Sessions on current technical issues, funding sources, and affordable housing opportunities
- Case studies
- Field trips to tour successful brownfield redevelopment projects in Spokane
- Lunch and light refreshments on Day 1
- Breakfast, lunch, and light refreshments on Day 2
You may download the draft agenda for more details on conference sessions. It will be updated periodically until it becomes final, so please check back often.
Who should attend?
- Local and regional government officials
- Housing agencies
- Nonprofit economic and community development organizations
- Environmental consultants
- Anyone interested in learning about brownfields or financial resources for local redevelopment