How much is the fee?
The current fee is $60.
- The previous fee was $56.00.
- The amount changes with inflation.
Why did your business receive this fee?
Your business is charged a fee because your North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code falls within those that typically generate dangerous waste. Your NAICS code is listed on the back of your invoice.
What is the NAICS code?
The NAICS code is the business classification system that describes the type of industry that your business is in. This number is recorded as part of your business license application and is provided to us by the Department of Revenue.
Do you have to pay the fee?
You must pay this fee if your business met the following criteria in the previous calendar year:
Your business generated dangerous waste in the year billed and the value of all your products, gross proceeds of sales, or gross income exceeded $12,000
Your business had an active EPA/State Site Identification number and reported dangerous waste generation activities.
How do you apply for a waiver or exemption?
Please apply before the due date on your invoice if your business did not generate hazardous waste.
- One year waiver if you did not generate any amount of hazardous waste in the year billed.
- Exemption if you never generate hazardous waste.
After we receive your request:
- We will respond within a few business days by email.
- We may request additional information in order to make a determination.
Frequently asked questions