What is an EPA/State ID Number?
An EPA/State ID Number identifies a single geographic location for a:
- Site that generated regulated amounts of dangerous waste.
- Transporter of regulated quantities of dangerous waste.
- Facility that transfers, stores, treats, recycles, or disposes dangerous waste.
The EPA/State ID Number satisfies both the federal and state regulations for reporting dangerous waste activities. It is not a license or permit.
What is an EPA/State ID Number used for?
It is used to identify your site on:
How to apply for an EPA/State ID Number
To apply for a EPA/State ID Number you must request and complete the Dangerous Waste Site ID form. The first step in applying is to look up the address for the site where you are generating dangerous waste.
If your site:
Note: EPA/State ID Numbers are not transferable to other physical locations.
If your business moves to a new location and continues to generate hazardous waste, you must:
- Withdraw the EPA/State ID Number for the old location.
- Apply for an EPA/State ID Number for the new location or reactivate a previously withdrawn number for the new location.
How do I notify for other waste activities?
If you decide to manage your waste under the following circumstances, you must also fill out the appropriate addendum forms and mail those to Ecology.
How do I revise my information or withdraw the EPA/State ID Number?
You can login to TurboWaste
to submit a revised notification to withdraw or change previously submitted information. All information can be updated electronically except legal ownership (section 9a).
Once an EPA/State ID Number is assigned to a site, it stays active until you withdraw it. This is true for "one-time only" sites and sites that regularly generate dangerous waste.
An EPA/State ID Number can be withdrawn when:
The form must:
Note: We will return all forms that do not have an original, wet ink signature. Copies, faxes, or emails are not accepted.
- Have an original, wet ink signature by an authorized representative for your site.
- Be mailed to the address at the top of the form.