Our scientists analyze and measure many types of toxic contaminants from a variety of places. We study the impacts of toxic releases on air quality, water, sediment and fish, in specific watersheds, and in consumer products.
Toxics in consumer products
- Testing for chemicals in consumer products
- Product testing database
- Product testing reports and publications
Water, sediment, and fish
- Groundwater quality assessment includes some studies of toxics in underground aquifers.
- Toxics monitoring projects address persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic chemicals in water, sediment, and fish.
- Source assessments are studies that identify sources of toxic contaminants in fresh waters.
- Sediment quality in urban bays reports on toxic contaminants in marine environments near populated areas.