Models & spreadsheets
Models and spreadsheets assist with scientific research and engineering. The models and spreadsheets we develop are available for use by the scientific community and the public. Download here.
Learn about models
Modeling the environment describes the models that we are developing and using. Models can predict environmental changes.
Let us help you calculate
- Models & tools for water quality improvement projects offers a variety of modeling tools for those involved in the TMDL water quality improvement process.
- River & stream water quality index explains the Water Quality Index (WQI) and offers a WQI calculator that can be used with your own stream data.
- Spreadsheet tool for estimating groundwater nitrate concentration from available data can be used to quantitatively predict the impact of residual or excess farm-field soil nitrate or mass balance residual on the concentration of nitrate in underlying shallow groundwater.
- A PermitCalc spreadsheet can help with many kinds of calculations needed by dischargers of effluents. Please contact your permit manager for the current version.
- Online tools for cleaning up sites has a number of tools that will help owners of sites contaminated by substances that are not petroleum, including a workbook for calculating cleanup levels.
- Tools for cleaning up petroleum contaminated sites has tools specifically for sites contaminated by petroleum.
- Rainwater collection has the rainwater harvesting calculator available for download.
- Dam construction & modification guidance includes a number of spreadsheets and tools that engineers can use to construct or retrofit dams.
- Bench sheets & control charts can help labs with quality control.