Applications are currently being accepted.
Planning project applications now being accepted.
Start date: Aug 3, 2021
End date: Sep 30, 2021
In the 2021-2023 Biennium, planning project applications will be accepted Aug. 3 – Sept. 30, 2021. Interested applicants of planning projects must apply through EAGL, Ecology’s Administration of Grants and Loans online system, before 5 p.m. on Sept. 30, 2021.
Emergency project applications will be accepted Aug. 3, 2021 – June 30, 2023. Applicants who want to apply for an emergency flood response grant must first get approval from Ecology. Please contact Scott McKinney, FCAAP Fund Coordinator, with emergency project proposals, and we will initiate a new grant application in EAGL for the applicant.
For more information, see our 2021-2023 FCAAP Funding Guidelines and application guidance documents linked below.
Funding is available for the following entities:
Eligible planning project applicants: Cities, towns, counties, federally-recognized Tribes, conservation districts, and special purpose districts, such as flood control districts.
- Flood planning projects in underserved communities will be given priority funding in the 2021-2023 Biennium.
Eligible emergency project applicants: Cities, towns, counties, federally-recognized Tribes, conservation districts, and special purpose districts, such as flood control districts.
Flood planning projects in underserved communities will be given priority funding in the 2021-2023 Biennium.
Eligible flood planning projects include:
- Developing and writing, or updating, Comprehensive Flood Hazard Management Plans (CFHMPs). CFHMPs must be consistent with state regulations (Chapter 173-145 WAC).
- Feasibility studies; community outreach and stakeholder engagement efforts; mapping projects, including Channel Migration Zone delineations; and other activities that will lead to updated CFHMPs.
- Match for federal projects that lead to CFHMPs. For example, federal General Investigations.
Eligible emergency projects include:
- Emergency flood response and recovery work.