Applications are not being accepted at this time.
The application period for the 2023-25 competitive planning projects will be open Feb. 15-March 30, 2023.
We didn't have funding to support flood risk reduction planning activities for over 12 years. In 2021, we were able to again provide FCAAP grants to support this statewide planning need. To help us understand the status of need and how we can best serve communities, please complete our flood hazard management interest survey. This will take only three to five minutes.
Emergency project applications are not being accepted.
Emergency project funding is fully allocated for the 2021-23 biennium. Applications for noncompetitive 2023-25 emergency projects will be accepted beginning July 1, 2023, on a case-by-case basis and until all funds have been awarded.
For more information, see the 2023-25 Funding Guidelines, Application Instructions, Application Prep Tool, Application Workshop Presentation Slides, and other guidance documents below.
Funding is available for the following entities:
Eligible competitive planning project applicants: Cities, towns, counties, federally recognized Tribes, conservation districts, and special purpose districts, such as flood control districts.
- Flood planning projects in underserved communities will be given priority funding.
Eligible emergency project applicants: Cities, towns, counties, conservation districts, and special purpose districts, such as flood control districts.
Flood planning projects in underserved communities will be given priority funding.
Eligible flood planning projects include:
- Developing and writing or updating Comprehensive Flood Hazard Management Plans (CFHMPs). CFHMPs must be consistent with state regulations (Chapter 173-145 WAC).
- Feasibility studies; community outreach and stakeholder engagement efforts; mapping projects, including Channel Migration Zone delineations; and other activities that support updates to CFHMPs.
- Match for federal projects that lead to CFHMPs. For example, federal General Investigations.
Eligible emergency projects include:
- Emergency flood response and recovery work.