Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Pre-applications were due Jan. 14, 2022, and reviewed by Ecology staff. Project Proponents determined to be a good fit for the program were invited to give presentations to evaluators over the week of Feb.14-18, 2022.
Proponents who gave presentations are invited to submit full applications beginning March 15, 2022, and ending May 3, 2022. We have posted extensive information about the FbD program and what makes a good project in our FbD Funding Guidelines (see below).
If you have not been through the pre-application and presentation stages for this funding cycle, you cannot apply for the FbD 2023-25 funding cycle. The FbD 2025-27 funding cycle will start in November 2023.
Funding is available for the following entities:
- Counties, cities, and towns
- Special purpose districts, such as flood control districts
- Federally recognized tribes
- Conservation districts
- Municipal or quasi-municipal corporations
- Not-for-profit organizations that are recognized as tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service
Flood hazard reduction projects that also contain an ecosystem restoration aspect as outlined in the funding guidelines.