Applications are currently being accepted.
Applications will be accepted from:
Start date: Jul 1, 2021
End date: Mar 31, 2022
Eligible jurisdictions must apply online through Ecology’s Administration of Grants and Loans (EAGL).
The application becomes the foundation of the grant agreement itself. To access the application forms, applicants, and their hired consultants, must first:
- Register for a Secure Access Washington Account (SAW) online services account.
- While logged into your SAW account, register for an EAGL user account.
For step-by-step instructions and requirements, please refer to the 2021-2023 SMP Periodic Review Funding Guidelines, Chapter 3: Applying for Funding, beginning on page 5.
Funding is available for the following entities:
Grants are available to eligible Washington state towns, citites, and counties with periodic reviews due no later than June 30, 2022, as outlined in the Shoreline Management Act (RCW 90.58.080 and WAC 173-26-090).
These include the following counties, and the cities and towns within those counties: Adams, Asotin, Columbia, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Grays Harbor, Klickitat, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pacific, Pend Oreille, Stevens, Wahkiakum, Walla Walla, and Whitman.
- Shoreline Master Program periodic reviews.
- Shoreline Master Program comprehensive updates combined with periodic reviews.
- Jurisdictions that completed periodic review early may propose use of grant funds for other shoreline management activities such as a public access plan, technical assistance memos, assessment of permit effectiveness, or other SMP implementation work.