Shoreline planners toolbox

This toolbox is designed for local and state shoreline planners responsible for developing and administering Shoreline Master Programs. Users will find links to our web pages and publications to help with:
  • Permitting.
  • Resolving shoreline management issues.
  • Developing and updating Shoreline Master Programs.
  • Researching laws and rules.
If you don't find what you need, please contact the Ecology regional planner serving your city or county government.

Administration of Shoreline Master Programs

New shoreline programs and amendments


Periodic review Comprehensive updates Locally-initiated amendment