We recommend you meet with Ecology before you prepare a PSD application. At the pre-application meeting, we will:
- Coordinate the agencies involved in the project.
- Discuss your project, the PSD permitting process, and what to include in your application.
- Review the fee application form (page 2) that you must submit with the fee and project application.
Contact us to schedule a pre-application meeting.
- The applicant meets with Ecology and other agencies in a pre-application meeting to discuss the project.
- The applicant submits the fee and completed application with all the necessary technical information.
- If all the necessary technical information is included, we consider the application complete. If the application is incomplete, we ask the applicant to submit more information.
- Once the application is complete, we draft a permit.
- We open a public comment period. We may also hold a public hearing, depending on public interest or if we receive a request.
- We respond to public comments and make changes to the permit as necessary.
- If significant changes are made to the permit, we open another public comment period.
- If no significant changes are made to the permit, we issue a final permit.
For more information about the permitting process, refer to the Guidance on Washington's Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permitting Program.