We currently do not have funding to sponsor research and development projects, but we are interviewing response equipment experts to get their opinions about promising new response technologies. We also track and monitor progress of other federal, state, and industry projects.
Relevant research and development websites:
If you have a research and development source you would like to see listed here, please contact us. Current areas of response technology focus include:
- Non-floating oil equipment and response tactics.
- Identification of resources at risk from non-floating oil spills.
- Aerial surveillance, remote sensing, and other detection technologies for oil spills.
- Common operational picture and situational awareness tools.
- Response system effectiveness.
- Review of emerging risks of oil transportation.
- Spill Management Team capabilities and credentialing
Send us your ideas on what categories of training and technology we should review in the future.