The Washington State Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) is working with Evergreen StormH20 to conduct this literature review project. The goals are to gather up-to-date information about the size of particles in stormwater, bound contaminants, and the effectiveness of a range of treatment approaches for those particle sizes.
- Gather information about the different methods to measure particle size distribution (PSD) and how do they compare?
- What is more recently known about characterized sources, and nature of particle sizes and attached pollutants transported in the MS4 or delivered to BMPs?
- What is the reported effectiveness of concentration or load reduction by stormwater BMPs as a function of PSD?
This study is ongoing until November 2023.
Project tasks and deliverables
Scope of Work
Task 1: Project administration and management
- Deliverable 1.1 Refined project scope
- Deliverable 1.2. First status report
- Deliverable 1.3. Second status report
- Deliverable 1.4. Third status report
- Deliverable 1.5 Confirmed list of TAC members
- Deliverable 1.6 TAC Meeting #1 agenda and minutes
- Deliverable 1.7 TAC Meeting #2 agenda and minutes
- Deliverable 1.8 TAC Meeting #3 agenda and minutes
Task 2: Literature search and synthesis
- Deliverable 2.1 Synthesis of literature
- Deliverable 2.2 List of data sources
- Deliverable 2.3 Data summary tables
Task 3 Summarize, report, and communicate findings
- Deliverable 3.1 Report outline
- Deliverable 3.2 Draft flowcharts
- Deliverable 3.3 Final flowcharts
- Deliverable 3.4 Draft white paper
- Deliverable 3.5 Final white paper
- Deliverable 3.6 Draft fact sheet
- Deliverable 3.7 Final fact sheet
- Deliverable 3.8 Final SAM and local conference presentations