Clean Fuel Standard data & reports
We post Clean Fuel Standard data and reports to keep people informed. We will continue to update information over the life of the program.
Carbon intensity data
Monthly and quarterly reports
- Monthly credit trading activity report — This report contains the volume of credits traded and the average credit price each month. We will post the most recent monthly report after the previous month's transactions.
- Quarterly data summary — This report provides an overview of the volumes and types of fuels participating in the program. It also includes the number of deficits and credits generated by fuels, based on quarterly data submitted by registered parties. After each quarter, we will post a summary of the data:
- Clean Fuel Standard annual report — Starting in 2024, we will post the annual report by April 15.
- Fuel supply forecast — We and the Washington Department of Commerce are directed to develop "a periodic fuel supply forecast to project the availability of fuels to Washington necessary for compliance with clean fuels program requirements” (RCW 70A.535.100). Commerce contracted with Berkeley Research Group to perform the 2022 forecast (released Sept. 30, 2022).
- Electric utility reports — Utilities will report to us about their activities spending credit revenue generated by the program.
- Independent cost-benefit analysis (released July 1, 2022) — As part of the Clean Fuel Standard law, we were directed by the Legislature to hire an independent contractor to analyze “the best estimate or range in probable costs or cost savings attributable to the clean fuels program per gallon of gasoline and per gallon of diesel.” We held an online information session about the preliminary results on May 3, 2022.
Find out more about the analysis:
- Frequently asked questions about the economic impacts of Washington’s climate policies.
- Summary cover letter to legislature.
- Independent studies show new climate change initiatives deliver significant benefits at minimal costs (blog).
- Ecology-approved registered parties — We will update this list quarterly.
- Historic reports — We will post these reports in the Clean Fuel Standard program guidance documents library.