Microsoft Data Center, East Wenatchee
Air Quality Notice of Construction Application
Jan. 30, 2024 - March 4, 2024, 11:59 p.m.
We propose to approve Microsoft Data Center's East Wenatchee air quality notice of construction (NOC) application.
Microsoft is proposing to expand its existing data center in East Wenatchee. Microsoft proposes to construct and operate three more data centers (EAT03, EAT04, and EAT05) at 875 Urban Industrial Way, in East Wenatchee. The new data centers will include an additional 60 3.0‑MWe generators and 3 0.5‑MWe generators.
The 60 3.0‑MWe generators will meet state and federal emission standards. They will be equipped with:
- Passive catalyzed diesel particulate filters
- Selective catalytic reduction to reduce emissions
Documents for review
- Microsoft East Wenatchee notice of construction (NOC) application and associated documents (This is a large file. Get a cup of coffee or tea while it's downloading. If it's too large to download, contact us for several smaller files.)
- Microsoft East Wenatchee draft air permit (approval order)
- Microsoft East Wenatchee draft technical support document for air permit
- Microsoft East Wenatchee Tier 2 Health Impact Assessment and recommendation letter
We determined this proposal satisfies the requirements of Chapter 173-400 WAC. We plan to approve the application.
To comment or request an online public hearing by March 4, 2024, use one of the ways listed below.
To find out if there are more records for this project, contact our Public Records Office.
This notice was posted on January 30, 2024.
A notice of construction permit is required before installing a new source of air pollution or modifying an existing source of air pollution. This permit is sometimes called a "pre-construction permit" because a business must have one before starting construction or operating their business.
A notice of construction air permit limits the amount of air pollutants a business can emit.
- Submit your comment by email: email@example.com
Comment by mail
Washington Department of Ecology Central Regional Office
1250 West Alder Street
Union Gap, WA 98903-0009
To request ADA accommodation, contact Ecology's ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360-407-6831, 711 (relay service), or 877-833-6341 (TTY). More about our accessibility services.