Guidance draft chapters
You can now view the first draft chapter of the guidance:
Chapter 1 Cropping Methods: Tillage and Residue Management
We welcome feedback on the guidance. Please view the comments page for more information on how to submit feedback or use our online comment form.
Chapters will be released and linked below when they are ready for review. We plan to release chapters periodically over the next few years:
- Chapter 1 Cropping Methods: Tillage & Residue Management
- Chapter 2 Cropping Methods: Crop System
- Chapter 3 Nutrient Management
- Chapter 4 Pesticide Management
- Chapter 5 Sediment Control: Soil Stabilization & Sediment Capture (Vegetative)
- Chapter 6 Sediment Control: Soil Stabilization & Sediment Capture (Structural)
- Chapter 7 Water Management: Irrigation Systems & Management
- Chapter 8 Water Management: Field Drainage & Drain Tile Management
- Chapter 9 Water Management-Stormwater Control & Diversion
- Chapter 10 Livestock Management-Pasture & Rangeland Grazing
- Chapter 11 Livestock Management-Animal Confinement, Manure Handling & Storage
- Chapter 12 Riparian Areas & Surface Water Protection
- Chapter 13 Suite of Recommended Practices
Please read our FAQ document if you have questions about the Guidance.
We established the Voluntary Clean Water Guidance for Agriculture Advisory Group to advise us on the identification and implementation of practices that support healthy farms and help farmers to meet clean water standards. We reached out to a wide range of stakeholders to find qualified candidates to be a part of the advisory group. Advisory Group members assist in the development of the guidance, provide review and feedback, and contribute to the guidance’s ultimate success.
More information on the how we will approach developing the guidance can be found in the Process Design document.