Collect, transport, and store disposable solvent-contaminated wipes in closed, non-leaking containers. These containers should be:
- Compatible with the materials stored in them.
- In good condition.
- Labeled with the words “Excluded Solvent-Contaminated Wipes.”
- Free of liquids.
Wipes must contain no free liquids prior to being sent off-site for disposal.
Free liquids removed from the wipes or from the wipes container must be managed as dangerous waste.
Accumulation time limit
Wipes may be accumulated up to 180 days from the start date of accumulation prior to being sent for disposal.
Maintain documentation that includes:
- Name and address of the dangerous waste landfill or dangerous waste combustor.
- Documentation that the 180-day accumulation time limit is being met.
- Description of the process the generator is using to meet the “no free liquids” condition.
Eligible handling facility
Disposable wipes must be sent to a dangerous waste combustor, boiler, or industrial furnace regulated under 40 C.F.R. Parts 264, 265, or 266 Subpart H. You also have the option to send solvent-contaminated wipes to a permitted dangerous waste or hazardous waste landfill.