Who qualifies for recycling credits?
Generators qualify for recycling credits if they:
- Generate 2,640 pounds or more of recurrent waste.
- Send all or part of this waste off site to a TSDR facility for recycling.
How do I know if recycling credits apply?
Only certain types of management method codes qualify. The qualifying management types are:
- H010—Metals recovery, including retorting, smelting, chemical, etc.
- H020—Solvents recovery
- H039—Other recovery or reclamation for reuse including acid regeneration, organics recovery, etc.
- H141—Stored, bulked, and transferred the waste with no treatment or recovery (H010-H129), fuel blending (H061), or disposal (H131-H135) at that receiving site.
How do I obtain the recycling credit?
You must contact your TSDR facility to find out what percentage of your waste stream was recycled. If a percentage of your waste stream was recycled, then you must request written documentation confirming the recycling percentage for that waste stream.
The documentation must:
- Identify the waste stream recycled (by waste description and waste form).
- List the management method code indicating the type of management the waste received.
- List percentage recycled during the reporting year.
- Have a signature from an authorized representative of the TSDR facility with the date the documentation was provided to you.
How to report recycling credits on the GM Form
Use the information your TSDR facility provides to complete B-4iv on your GM Form for the waste stream. Instructions on reporting your recycling credits are available in the Dangerous Waste Annual Reporting Guide.