Outdoor and residential burning
We regulate burning of land clearing debris and residential yard waste in counties with no local clean air agency.
Before you burn, check if:
- Grasscycle — Leave grass clippings on your lawn to add nutrients back into the soil for a healthy lawn.
- Compost — Break down your yard waste (leaves, grass, prunings) in a bin or a pile to make compost.
- Chip — Chip branches and prunings to use in your garden as free mulch.
- Curbside pickup — Recycle your yard waste with curbside pickup. Check with your local government or waste management company to see if this is available.
- Community or neighborhood cleanup days — Check with your local government to see if your community has a cleanup event to dispose of yard waste.
- Landfills — Recycle your yard waste at the landfill or a community drop-off location. Check with your local government or waste management company to see if this is available.