Print free labels
Click on the waste label you need and print from your computer.
Hazardous Waste Labels
These labels meet all three dangerous waste labeling requirements and include the GHS pictogram.
Risk labeling systems
These labeling systems may also be used as risk labels:
These labels will not meet Washington Dangerous Waste regulations unless the labels include the word describing the risk ("Flammable," "Reactive," "Corrosive," or "Toxic"). Learn about labeling requirements.
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS)
We provide GHS and DOT labels below.
Globally harmonized system (GHS) labels
Department of Transportation (DOT) labels
When you ship waste off site, you must also follow DOT labeling requirements. Waste service providers that transport or dispose of waste usually supply these labels.
If you intend to use these labels for shipping, consult 49 CFR to ensure you meet all of the Department of Transportation's standards. Among other things, the standards specify:
- Color: Printed in the appropriate color
- Durability: Able to withstand exposure to transportation conditions
- Size: Each side should be at least 3.9 inches