Dry cleaning and garment care businesses can generate dangerous waste. Chemicals in these facilities can contaminate water and soil, and be hazardous to workers. We work with local businesses to ensure dangerous waste is handled safely and correctly.
How should you dispose of separator water?
Always manage separator water as dangerous waste:
- Collect it in a container (leave 4 inches between fill line and lid).
- Label the container "toxic waste" and write the accumulation start date.
- Store it inside using secondary containment.
Read the steps outlined on our Collect, Empty, and Dispose of Separator Water poster.
- Do not dispose of it down a drain, toilet, or sink.
- Do not evaporate or mist it.
- Do not pour it on the ground.
Frequently asked questions