Active groundwater studies
Our hydrogeologists conduct studies for long- and short-term projects to support clean, safe, and abundant groundwater. Learn about active studies in these categories:
- Toxics in groundwater
- Groundwater quality
- Climate and groundwater
- Black Lake Grocery groundwater monitoring provides groundwater data so that the Toxic Cleanup Program may evaluate the effectiveness of a treatment wall in remediating petroleum-contaminated groundwater before it enters Black Lake.
- Lakewood Plaza Cleaners groundwater is monitored for compliance for volatile organic compounds on behalf of the Toxics Cleanup Program.
- Shelton Laundry & Cleaners groundwater monitoring measures for volatile organic compounds from five monitoring wells.
- Sumas Blaine surficial aquifer long-term ambient groundwater monitoring samples 25 wells annually for nitrate, chloride, and bromide.
- Yakima Railroad Area groundwater performance monitoring studies approximately six square miles of predominantly industrial and commercial property adjacent to the railroad corridor in the cities of Yakima and Union Gap to detect tetrachloroethylene-contaminated soils and groundwater.