We regulate the air, water, and hazardous waste activities at the Cosmo Specialty Fibers pulp and paper mill in Cosmopolis.
Comment period: Dec. 20, 2019 – Feb. 14, 2020
We invite you to comment on the draft Air Operating Permit for the Cosmo Specialty Fibers paper mill.
Read the public comment notice for more information, such as where to send comments. Application materials are available:
- At the Aberdeen Timberland Library, 121 E Market Street, Aberdeen, Wash.
- By request from the Department of Ecology. If you'd like to make a request, contact Angelina Ward at email@example.com or 360-407-6916.
A public meeting, followed by a hearing to accept oral comments, will take place:
- Jan. 29, 2020
- Starting at 6:30 p.m.
- At Grays Harbor College Rooms 413 A/B, 1620 Edward P. Smith Dr., Cosmopolis, Wash.
Published online Dec. 20, 2019.
This is a kraft pulp and paper mill.
- With around 200 employees, the mill uses virgin hemlock to make about 550 tons of dissolving pulp (acetate, viscose, and ether grades) each day.
- It treats its wastewater and sends it to Grays Harbor and the Chehalis River.
Cosmo Specialty Fibers contacts
Facility phone: 360-500-4600
Location: 1701 1st St., Cosmopolis, Wash.