We regulate the air, water, hazardous waste, and composting activities at the Packaging Corporation of America (formerly Boise White Paper) pulp and paper mill in Wallula.
Comment period: May 29, 2020 — June 29, 2020
We invite you to comment on the following proposed air quality actions for the Packaging Corporation of America kraft pulp and paper mill in Wallula.
- Draft Notice of Construction (NOC) Order 17965.
- State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) determination of nonsignificance (DNS).
Documents can be reviewed on our draft permits page. For more information and how to comment, see our public comment notice.
This facility is a kraft pulp and paper mill and corrugated container plant.
- With around 400 employees, the pulp and paper mill makes about 1,800 tons of unbleached paper and corrugated medium each day.
- The container plant has about 155 employees and makes approximately 5 million square feet of corrugated boxes each day.
- The mill treats its wastewater and sends it to the Columbia River.
Packaging Corporation of America contacts
Facility phone: 509-547-2411
Location: 13831 US Highway 12, Wallula, WA